Yazoo Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Sales Manager, Yazoo Brewing Co, Nashville, TN
About the brewery:
Yazoo Brewing is going on nineteen years in the craft brewing business, which in beer years, means we’ve been around a while. The company was founded by Linus and Lila Hall in 2003, and remains 100% independent and family-owned today. We recently built a brand new brewery on the outskirts of Nashville, close enough to still enjoy the city, but far enough away to avoid the bachelorette pedal taverns. After four years in the role, our current sales manager is moving on, and we are now interviewing candidates for Sales Manager at Yazoo.
Yazoo Sales Manager Job Description
The Sales Manager’s ultimate responsibility is to plan and implement the sales strategy for the company. That responsibility includes:
- Effectively manage a small sales team
- Analyze all sales data to plan Yazoo’s sales strategy to meet the company’s goals for growth and market share, including data from sources such as internal sales data, distributor depletion reports, VIP data, IRI/ Nielsen scan reports, and industry reports.
- Using the planned strategy and goals, develop the tactics to achieve them and the key performance indicators to track.
- Develop sales goals and tactics for each territory; assign goals for each sales rep in their territory; on a weekly basis, review and coach each sales rep on their performance towards the goals.
- Manage distributor relationships, including preparing annual business plans for each distributor, with overall goals, incentives, promotions, and brand education, and then continuing to work with the distributors monthly to achieve those goals.
- Manage chain retail account relationships
- Analyze sales data for each retail chain account
- Present new items for annual/ semiannual planogram resets at chains such as Kroger, Publix, Whole Foods, Costco, and Walmart
- Develop and implement chain advertising, promotions, and seasonal displays
- Manage key on-premise accounts, including large multi-location accounts, in conjunction with the sales rep for each location.
- Manage sales forecasts, communicating the forecasts to the production manager
- Being the leader and educator within the internal sales team; implementing new sales systems and processes, along with training and team building essentials, to build and develop an effective sales team
Basic Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of five years of relevant sales and field experience
- Multi-faceted sales experience in the Beer Industry
- Bring successful strategies and experience in planning and forecasting
- Ability to work regular Monday-Friday business hours, with flexibility to work night and weekend events
- A passion for beer!
- Experience selling at the local and southeastern US regional level
- Distributor / importer sales and portfolio management experience
- Supply-side (brewery) sales experience
- Chain account sales experience
- Self-motivated and managed
- Customer service oriented
- Proven ability to reach decision-makers and quickly determine an opportunity’s potential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills
Yazoo Brewing provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Apply for this Job