Job Title: Colorado Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Sales
Salary Range: $60,000 – $70,000
Get To Know The Role:
At the core of our sales philosophy is the delivery of unmatched quality beer and superior service across the entirety of the customer experience. Our key relationships are craft-centric bars, high-end restaurants, and thoughtfully curated liquor stores. We complement these touch points with attendance at local festivals, promotions, and a team-wide concerted effort towards continual account education and engagement.
Across the Front Range, our team of sales reps are constantly pushing our beer out to the best outlets to reach our customers. The CO. Sales Manager’s number one priority will be to engage with the sales team as a coach, leader, and mentor. The team currently consists of five sales reps overseeing NOCO, Denver E, Denver W, Boulder and COS with some territories occasionally extending beyond those city confines.
We place a strong focus on the training and education of our leaders – and we expect all managers/directors to do the same with their teams. Our CO. Sales Manager will spearhead the professional growth of their team through clear communication of goals, accountability, and honest feedback. In addition to staff engagement, the CO. Sales Manager, in collaboration with the Director of Sales, is responsible for building and implementing a holistic sales program with the goal of driving sales strategies and building brand awareness.
Get To Know Us:
WeldWerks Brewing is a fast-growing, locally owned, and operated craft brewery in historic downtown Greeley, Colorado. We execute our unique and original product line with the highest quality ingredients, a state-of-the-art brewing system, and the latest brewing practices. Our core values include a dedication to quality, honest transparency, earnest candor, operational autonomy, and personal growth. We strongly believe that these five core values are crucial for enabling our team members to flourish and grow. In 2021 our staff recognized us as a Great Place to Work and our dedication to growing and improving our employee benefits and work/life culture is core to our company philosophy.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Team leadership and development:
- Coach, mentor, connect and engage all sales team members
- Continually evaluate communication, systems, programs, processes, and procedures for improvements and training opportunities
- Drive CRM and ERP (Ekos) system usage
- Design and implement all-team and individualized training programs with a focus on soft skills and marketing programs
- Implement and oversee immediate and long-term sales strategies:
- Develop territory-specific strategies, goals, and forecasts
- Develop gross profit projections by site/channel/style with brewing and packaging COGS to inform pricing decisions
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals
- Establish expert knowledge of each in state territory and monitor and adjust boundaries for balance and growth opportunities
- Work with Marketing to develop and maintain sales marketing assets and programs
- Drive customer relationship in all territories:
- Develop and maintain key relationships with top accounts
- Develop and execute chain/group account programs and sales campaigns
- Develop promotional opportunities to drive engagement
- Oversee sales engagement through tastings, account staff trainings, events and festivals
Details About Our Ideal Candidate:
- Skill and Knowledge:
- Advanced skill in building and motivating teams
- Advanced skill in identifying inefficiencies and creating sustainable, scalable solutions
- Advanced skill in developing new accounts and maintaining current accounts
- Advanced skill in CRM and Google Apps systems
- Advanced knowledge of sales KPIs and reports
- Strong knowledge of inventory management
- Minimum 3 years experience in sales or sales management
- Advanced knowledge of and a passion for craft beer and the brewing industry (Cicerone certification a plus)
- Personal Competencies:
- Elite written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- High aptitude for continuous self-learning
- Communicate effectively with customers, management, and co-workers
- Remain calm under pressure or when dealing with difficult issues
- Be a strong and trusting team player
- Maintain strong relationships with outside groups and vendors
- Supervision Skills:
- Uses independent action in setting objectives and deciding how to proceed
- Duties are given in the form of broad goals or areas of responsibility
- Works with senior management to enact strategies for growth
- Hours, Travel, and Physical Requirements:
- Must be 21 years old
- Work weekends, evenings, and events (local and regional)
- Work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Clean Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR)
We are hiring for a full time position, which includes a 401(k) retirement plan, sick & holiday paid time off, educational opportunities, and of course, plenty of free beer. Full time employees also are eligible for full health care benefits which include 100% paid employee coverage and 50% premium coverage for coverage with dependent. This role is also eligible for use of a leased and insured company vehicle for work purposes. Beyond that we have plenty of other soft benefits and opportunities to share upon hiring that make working on our team all the more exciting.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
WeldWerks is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.