Mikkeller Job Description
Regional Sales Manager – Southern California
Mikkeller Brewing is seeking a Regional Sales Manager – Southern California. This position will be responsible for distributor management, team management and development, development of key accounts within the territory, and meeting or beating Mikkeller’s annual commercial targets within the Southern California market. Southern California is one of Mikkeller’s global focus markets, and the home of our amazing brewery. The right candidate will enjoy a lot of attention and success – and the opportunity for local and international recognition. The right candidate loves selling and is passionate about adding value to all our clients. You are highly driven and hold yourself and your team to high standards. You relish coaching and developing a team and are motivated by taking them to new heights. This position will report directly to the Sales Director – USA.
At Mikkeller Brewing we pride ourselves in delivering unique beer offerings and experiences. We feature 80+ releases of unique beers a year and are expanding our reach all over the United States. We have 2 tasting rooms in the greater San Diego area and feature a full-service restaurant in San Francisco. We also have an e-commerce platform delivering beer to 10 states as well as merchandise and nonalcoholic beer to all 50 states. We distribute beer across the United States and are in 13 markets coast to coast with plans on expanding to additional markets in the next 18 months. We also import Mikkeller products from all over the globe for distribution and sale in the United States.
Mikkeller is all about the beer, but we are so much more than a beer brand. We have one of the largest running clubs in the world in addition to our cycling club. With over 50 team members in the United States and with 40 sister locations worldwide. We are a global brand that is about being active, taking risks, and settling for nothing less than the best beer and customer experiences.
What you will do:
? Account Management
? Establish and sustain meaningful relationships with Classic Beverage’s Management and field sales team to drive share of mind, superior trade execution and new sales opportunities
? Manage profitable and mutually beneficial relationships with key on + off premise accounts in SoCal
? Spend 80%+ of time in-market visiting accounts, working with wholesaler team, and coaching/developing direct reports
? Operate with an entrepreneurial spirit, ambition & positive attitude
? Command deep understanding of market dynamics in given territory
? Brand Advocacy
? Demonstrate in depth understanding of the Mikkeller brand, ethos, core values & messaging
? Schedule and execute staff trainings + brand education at key on & off premise accounts in collaboration with direct reports and wholesaler team
? Planning and Commercial Analysis
? Evaluate existing and emerging customers, identify “must win” Mikkeller accounts and allocate resources accordingly
? Use data to identify market opportunities, analyze distributor volume & strengthen sales
? Diagnose business issues quickly and take corrective action to minimize impact while the broader team informed
? Lead, develop and manage a team of Sales Representatives; define expectations, monitor progress, and hold accountable
? Implement strategic sales plans to achieve company and wholesaler goals and initiatives
? Conduct sales meetings, product presentations, train, develop, and motivate the team to ensure success
? Maintain clear and consistent communication with Head of Sales and Key Account Team to ensure we’re staying ahead of challenges and capitalizing on opportunities in the territory
? Work closely with marketing team to develop on-brand programs for SoCal ‘Home Market’
? Perform all other duties as assigned
Skills and experience required for this Position:
- Communication- the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates strong presentation skills and leads productive meetings.
- Judgement- the individual displays a high level of integrity, strong code of ethics and makes sound + timely decisions in the best interests of the organization
- Adaptability- the individual adapts to changes in the internal work environment and external market, manages competing demands, and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events. Accepts feedback from others and is constantly looking to improve.
- Quality Management- the individual continually looks for ways to improve upon and promote organizational efficiency & maximize revenue.
- Organized/Detail Oriented– the individual is proficient in utilizing all sales tools (iDig VIP, PPT, EXCEL, etc.) and is detail oriented and organized.
- Must be self-motivated and able to act independently, multi-task and solve problems as they occur
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in beverage alcohol industry
- Supplier or distributor experience preferred, prior experience with Classic Beverage a plus