Group Sales Manager
Share your voice. Make quality connections. Shape the future of audio.
As part of ARN, the recognised leader in audio in Australia, you have an opportunity to share your voice on the future of audio. Audio is booming and we are defining it. We are entertainers. We create moments that move people, and that people move to. We are investing in audio’s smartest advertising, experts and innovations. This gives us unparalleled understanding of our audience and the content that moves them and helps us form quality connections with our customers. It’s our commitment to creating moments that move people that makes us memorable.
We’re shaping the future of audio – our success as the leader in the Australian radio landscape means we can complement our great radio people with others whose skills will help us dominate the digital audio landscape of the future, just as we have the radio landscape of today.
We have the best people and the best future. Why not come along and be part of our story?
Key role outputs include:
As a Group Sales Manager, your role is to inspire performance by leading, developing and motivating an Independent Agency focussed sales team. Revenue growth and client retention are key components of your day and this is achieved through the development and implementation of strategic, competitive, integrated solutions and a high level of market engagement.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deep level understanding of audio and ARN product capability for our clients – the ARN Audiosphere.
- Establishing and overseeing all functions of the team designated as reporting to you – Account Directors/Managers and Sales Coordinators (current team of five).
- Conduct quarterly planning strategies with team: contact plans, action plans, strategic plans, integration plans & ensuring budgets and KPIs are achieved.
- Recruit, train and motivate all direct reports- this is to include the interviewing, hiring, termination and performance management of direct reports in consultation with the Sales Director and People and Performance, as required.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Independent Agencies & clients to grow new business & retain existing business.
- Submit regular weekly and monthly agency review forecasts & market intelligence on competitor activity with the Sales Director recommending changes, strategies and developments.
- Submit monthly lost business report with strategies to overcome this.
- Provide an accurate weekly revenue forecast for your Sales Team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of five years in media sales or broader media required.
- Experience in developing and inspiring others.
- Proven achievement of performance or KPI related activity.
We have four behaviours that make up our “Culture in Action” which describe how we act every day to create a great place to work:
- Aim High – We set big goals and work together to achieve them.
- Own It – We take personal responsibility for our actions and have a solutions mindset.
- Be Your Best Self – We create the environment we need to thrive.
- Make a Difference – We look for every opportunity to improve and we seek out diverse perspectives to help us achieve that.
Bring your skills, genius and energy along on our journey, please press the APPLY button and upload your cover letter and resume by close of business Friday 3rd December.
ARN is a HT&E company. For more details, head to www.arn.com.au and connect with us via Twitter (@ausradionetwork) and LinkedIn (Linkedin /australianradionetwork)
ARN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please contact the People & Culture team at the relevant state office: https://www.arn.com.au/contact-us/