JOB TITLE: Territory Sales Manager
LOCATION: NY, NJ, CT Metro Territory
POSITION TYPE: Sales
REPORTS TO: East Region Sales Manager
LEADS OTHERS: No
YRS OF EXPERIENCE: 3-5 yrs.
DATE CREATED: 11.1.2021
In 2003, GoMacro co-founder Amelia Kirchoff was diagnosed with breast cancer. After a lot of research, she decided to fight the cancer with a plant-based macrobiotic diet in addition to a local lumpectomy. In the face of adversity, Amelia and her daughter Jola came together, fought the cancer, and Amelia won.
During her battle with cancer, Amelia created the first MacroBar™ recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro’s healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It’s our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit—and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
That’s why we:
· Hire people who share our company values and support the growth and development of their careers.
· Embrace the opportunity to do meaningful work that has a positive impact on the planet and people’s lives.
· Offer competitive benefits, plus holistic perks like our Annual Give Back Day, gym, PTO, and more.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
Territory Sales Managers will be responsible for executing a sales plan for their territory which encompasses building and managing sales and merchandising within assigned territory to include natural/specialty, conventional, food service, c-stores, vertical channels, and up and down the street business.
Sales: Estimated time allocation: 70%
· Create, build, and manage positive retail business partner relationships
· Meet with independent retailers in assigned territory
· Implement and manage GoMacro’s key account promotional plans.
· Expand distribution and/or fix the mix within current retail partners
· Enhance and expand business by successfully supporting new product launches
· Identify and secure secondary points of distribution (shippers, end caps, floor displays, etc.)
· Utilize GoMacro’s “Go To Market Guidelines” to drive incremental sales volume
· Generate leads to develop new business opportunities and drive sales growth within assigned territory
· Assist with promotional planning and forecasting as needed
· Attend key account reviews with regional sales manager, as needed
· Attend regional tabletop shows with regional sales manager, as needed
· Timely response and follow-through on all sales inquiries
· Effective broker, distributor, merchandising partner management:
o Build and strengthen relationships fostering collaboration and “win win” partnership
o Understand account coverages, merchandising schedules, and other responsibilities
o Conduct recurring ride-a-longs and educational sales trainings
Merchandising: Estimated time allocation: 20%
· Execute on GoMacro’s approved, national or regional Gold Standard POG
· Follow GoMacro’s 10 point Merchandising Standards of Excellence
· Collaborate with Broker, Merchandisng and Distributor field teams to insure account optimization this will include recurring ride-a-longs
· Monitor and report competitor market activity
· When available, activate with in-store sampling (demos) to drive awareness and trial
· Maintain account records, audits, archive photos and reports
· Attend customer resets as necessary to insure POG compliance
Administrative Duties: Estimated time allocation: 10%
· Provide weekly account updates
· Create and maintain individual business partner communication logs utilizing Outlook and/or OneNote
· Prompt follow-up with team communication
· Submit accurate expense reports including mileage in expense reporting portal in a timely fashion
· Attendance and participation on all scheduled sales calls
· Maintain other records or documentation as assigned
· 3-5 years’ minimum sales and/or sales management experience
· Bachelors Degree
· Must be a self-starter with initiative and an entrepeneruial spirit, a team player with a “can do” attitude that is motivated, enthusiastic and positive
· An excellent relationship builder with both external business partners, broker partners, distributors teams, buyers, retail store teams and internal GoMacro teams
Position-Specific Skills Required
· Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
· Clear and concise verbal and written skills
· Problem solving skills and desire to bring solutions to challenging business problems
· Ability to grasp syndicated sales data, graphs and charts into actionable priorities that produce positive outcomes
· Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), internet browsers and web-based
· Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools
· Most time will be working in the field with retail, distributor, broker, and merchandising partners.
Travel Required 90%
Physical and Environmental
Performance of duties and tasks uses standard office equipment. Remote home office location. Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and vehicle is required. Ability to lift 30 lbs. As needed, willingness to work weekends and odd hours to support business growth.
GoMacro, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply. For additional information, please visit our website www.gomacro.com/careers.