Country Malt Group
Apply for Job
The Country Malt Group Sales Representatives!
The Sales Representative position is a key resource within the Country Malt Group Sales team providing sales services to breweries, distilleries, homebrew stores, wineries, and other specialty stores and manufactures. Sales Representative will be the primary account owner for an assigned territory, and work closely with the Sales Managers & Customer Solutions Team to support sales functions within the small craft segment. SR’s are the main point of contact maintaining an exceptional level of service for our new & existing customers as we continue to grow our market share and increase profitability. This position will report to the Sales Representative Manager.
Sales Representative Position 1: This position will be responsible for the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah
Sales Representative Position 2: This position will be responsible for the following states: Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont
- Develop and maintain business relationships with customers in assigned sales territory to meet sales goals.
- Cultivate new and strengthen existing customer relationships through regular communication.
- Act on new customer prospects through inbound lead follow-up, outbound cold calls, emails, and mailings including welcome packages, catalogues & product samples.
- Develop new opportunities and drive sales by identifying customer needs & creating and executing strategic plans in a competitive market.
- Follow up on all inquiries, problems/solutions, leads, and opportunities.
- Monitor and gather intel on competitor strengths, weaknesses, behaviors, and strategy. Act upon this knowledge to the benefit of Country Malt Group.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with internal resources including Sales team members plus administrative, operational, technical and leadership teams.
- Coordinate with Finance to assist customers during setup of new accounts and establishment of credit terms.
- Assist Credit Manager(s) to negotiate past due payments and negotiate settlements as necessary; communicate intel regarding financial health of customers.
- Prepare reoccurring/on-demand reports and submit on a timely basis.
- Execute and manage customer sales contracts within all applicable systems.
- Maintain knowledge of geographical locations and transit lines as it relates to our company facilities and customers locations.
- Monitor openings, closings, changes of ownership and changes of purchasing decision-makers in assigned territory.
- Liaise with other Sales/Marketing Team members to plan and organize industry events such as sponsored guild meetings, tradeshows, and festivals.
- Strategize customer visits to meet sales targets and attain maximum ROI.
- Occasional attendance of industry events to support the showcasing of our brands and services.
- Prepare and present trip reports for each trip as needed.
- Manage and track personal travel expenses/budget.
- Other duties as assigned to support our sales and general account-development initiatives.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage time and tasks proactively and effectively with minimal supervision.
- Capacity to embrace change in a growing industry and business environment.
- Ability to travel moderately within US and Canada.
- Passion for the Craft Brewing industry is a must!
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education in relevant discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Sales, Customer Service, Sales Support or other relevant professional position within a Brewery, Distillery, Homebrew Store, Wholesale, Distribution, or Manufacturing industry is desired.
- Demonstrated involvement in Brewing and/or Malting industries is preferred.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Dynamics and/or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems is preferred.
- Experience conducting effective peer training including preparation of written materials.
- Experience establishing, monitoring, and achieving individual and team goals.
An attractive compensation and benefits package will be provided. We offer a generous benefits package including: medical/dental/vision/RX plan, flex spending accounts, EAP, paid holidays, paid time off program of 4 ½ weeks, basic & voluntary life insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k) plan, pension plan (CAD), fitness subsidy and tuition reimbursement. Employees are eligible for product discounts through our CMG Division, as well as discounts from various external vendors.
*Benefits package varies between US and Canada.
Apply for Job